Sunday, April 10, 2011

HELL YEAH SOY C (Ash's side of events)

This is my first time ever blogging, but here goes

--

First up, a big thank you to all those who bought our stuff at our booth (Equal X, geddit, =x? We wanted :x, but it would then have been Colon X, which sounds like a movie about a radioactive organ transplant) especially to those who bought commissions off us! We're very glad and humbled that  people like our drawings enough to commission us c': For the 2 people whose commissions I have not completed , I will try my best to get them to you by next week, so don't worry :D

Anyway, have some pictures (will edit with more when I get more pictures):

Warning: the next few pictures were taken with my phone, so, shitty quality, you have been warned.

My bookmarks and keychains before they have been cut and done up

My keychains, before they have been, uh, keychain'd


Cutting my bookmarks, a surprisingly tiring business (or maybe it was just because it was 6am)



Some of my commissions (once again, thank you for commissioning me! ;u;)



Some of Shin's commissions (thank you for commissioning her!)


The view from our booth

Yesterday was my first SOY (not Shin's first though), and also the first time we attended an anime convention as booth owners and not as the usual con-goers. The experience is seriously vastly different. For one, both of us woke up late because we are so fly were too tired and had to rush to the venue, we barely had a few minutes to set up. (On the other hand, you can go at any time you want if you're not a booth owner.) I didn't get to look around at the cosplayers or the merchandise (like I usually do when I go to cons), so I didn't see much of the con except for the area around the booth (and even then not much of that, not even the people buying our stuff! [since my eyes were glued to paper most of the time]). That was something I feel a little regretful over, especially since my cousin was busy shouting cool things like 'HEY LOOK, IT'S V WITH GLASSES' into my ear.

On the plus side, we saw Cloud Strife waiting for the bus when we were leaving Ngee Ann Poly. Now that's what I call badass!

Although the day was far from relaxing, it was still awesome, ha, so don't get me wrong. I think the SOY C people did a great job organising SOY C, well done :) We also learnt a lot from this experience, so we'll be more prepared for the next con.

Oh and we'd like to thank the people who helped us at the con! Much thanks goes to Yuyuan and Goh Hong, who were there to help us set up the booth and were my sweatshoppers *v*", my cousin the King who also was a sweatshopper, and last but definitely not least, to the two sisters Shuyan and Shuhui, who are amazing salespeople, and who were so busy marketing our merchandise that they didn't even get to eat lunch and had to stand most of the time (and who also sweatshopped, they are so talented huh they can do everything~).

On another note, Shin and I will certainly be attending more cons as booth owners (we're looking at cosfest, and possibly an event called SGComiFest) before we get eaten up by uni life, so if you wanted to get some of our merchandise but didn't (and now regret it), you can probably catch us at these. We'll also be expanding and updating the range of our merchandise, both in types of products and in characters and series. For example, I'll definitely be adding Fran from Katekyo and Kakashi from Naruto as characters for keychains, so people who wanted both Bel and Fran will be able to get Bel's missing half Fran. I think we'll both be selling badges too because I like badges!


Okay, that's about it for my side.

Yeah I hope I did good on my first ever blog post, blogging is some tough shit, srsly. I am mentally drained.

(Now have some kyuubi-chakra-rasengan courtesy of Shin. Eat your heart out naruto)

No comments:

Post a Comment